Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yoga and My Awesome Boyfriend.


This is why Matt is the best:
A Valentine's package!

I don't know if you can see the background, but that is chocolate, some sweet homemade coupons, a teddy bear, and a big ol' bottle of Aunt Jemima's, my friends. 

This part is key. Most fellas would be foolish enough to think that I would prefer some real Vermont maple syrup, straight from the tree, but not Matt! He understands that I am just an Aunt Jemima kind of girl, and I think maple syrup is kind of ick. And he does not even judge me for it, even though it's a little lowbrow. 

 This kind of mutual understanding is the key to having a successful relationship, seriously.

The Mystery Strawberry.

I found this in the street today. First person to figure out what it is gets a postcard from Florence! My best guess so far is a placecard holder, but why it would be lying in the street is beyond me. 

I had my yoga class this morning. The instructor is a tiny blond woman, and at first I wasn't sure how I felt about her because she kept addressing me in English, and I'm all "Dude, I understood it the first time, stop calling me out on being American!" But THEN I totally owned and did the headstand pose that she said first-timers rarely accomplish, and she announced how awesome I was and everyone applauded. BAM. I win, yoga. 

Mom, thanks for signing me up for gymnastics when I was five. I never did get the split, but my sweet headstand skills turned out to be quite useful.