Monday, March 2, 2009

Pretending to Study

Editor's Note: This post takes a quick turn for the schmaltzy. Be forewarned. 

I am sitting on my bed with my friend/neighbor/classmate Allison, and not doing a thing. We had such good intentions, coming here to study, but really all I've done is repeatedly check my email and watch silly videos. 

It is good to be back. I missed my huge bed and my huge sweatpants. Advice: Never travel without sweatpants. I did, and it was a mistake. A huge one.



Matt gets here in sixteen days! Not that I'm counting. I never wanted to be one of those silly girls who talks about her boyfriend all the time, but he is pretty deserving of all the hype. 

He is the kind of guy who will walk in the snow to get you (me) chicken soup when you're (I'm) sick, and stay up until 4am with you (me) when you haven't started studying for an exam until midnight the night before (Just kidding, parents! That never happens.), and climb halfway up a mountain for you when you drop your ski pole like an idiot and don't think to stop until you've almost hit the bottom. Also, he fully encourages and often finances the regular consumption of large amounts of pizza and McFlurries, and thinks I'm cute even with pizza sauce on my nose and sticky ice cream fingers. 

The best part though, is that I can always be my crazy and neurotic self, without all the trouble of pretending I am a perfectly normal human being. And I only have to wait sixteen more days!